Information We Collect
We may collect and process information which you provide to us so that we can carry out services on your behalf. We also keep records of correspondence you send to us and details of transactions.
We process personal data:
• to manage and administer any of the services provided by us to you;
• for any other specific purposes where you have given specific consent;
• to carry out statistical analysis and market research;
• to comply with legal and regulatory obligations applicable to you and us;
• for disclosure or transfer, whether in the UK or applicable countries outside of the UK including without limitation the United States of America, which may not have the same data protection laws as in the UK, to third parties including financial advisors, regulatory bodies, auditors, technology providers or to us and our duly authorised delegates and our or their duly appointed agents and any of their respective related, associated or affiliated companies for the purposes specified above; and
• for our other legitimate business interests, as may be determined by us from time to time, provided that prompt notification shall be given to you.
You consent to us recording telephone calls made to you and received from you by us, our agents and affiliated companies for record keeping, security and/or training purposes.
By providing us with your personal data you agree to:
Disclosing your information
By providing us with your personal data you consent to your personal data being transferred for processing outside of the European Economic Area to countries that either do not have data protection laws or have data protection laws that do not provide the same level of protections as European data protection legislation.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
• if ECM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or exchange information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction or in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
By providing us with your personal data and using our services, you consent to us using your personal data in this way.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Access to information
You have a right under the Data Protection Act to access the personal data held about you or to obtain a copy of it. Any access request may be subject to a fee in providing you with personal data we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We may also charge a reasonable fee for providing you with your personal data. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to the Data Protection Officer.